Thanks Cheryl, for bringing this fun exercise my way. Buena suerte! Learn more about Cheryl’s amazing business, CultureSmith. Before I reckoned that this was akin to those e-mails of yore that required you to reply to one person and forward to everyone you know, I thought of this as a very cool way to learn about some friends, share a bit about myself, and most importantly, do my part to feed this beast called social networking. My primary interest is in seeing how many degrees of separation there are betwixt us all.
I will post six random things about myself and follow the remaining rules (see below).
Six Random Things About Me:
- I am both introspective and spiritual in unique ways, compared to my age peers. I have spent most days since my mother died, when I was 12, quietly seeking meaning in her death. I have Faith and know my path has been guided by that central, clarifying, potentially-debilitating-but-ultimately-empowering loss.
- One of my hobbies is barbecuing. Our ribs and pulled pork are pro-quality, I think. My wife and I have a dream of opening an authentic dive that serves nothing but barbecue, cold beer, and sweet tea. It would be called Big Al’s or Snooks, after my dad, the inspiration and source of the primary menu item, eastern North Carolina-style minced pork barbecue.
- I am an absolute introvert, but rarely do people believe me. I love nothing more than solitude and time with my own thoughts. I am astounded that I have so many great people in my life, as a result.
- I am most thankful for the person my parents made me. Whether I ever succeed at becoming wealthy, or make an impact on the world, I know in my heart of hearts I am the best person –today — I can be because they taught me the most important lessons: live by the Golden Rule, and all you have is your name. Don’t do anything to undercut its good reputation or that of those who came before you. And I am always becoming.
- I really do have the best wife in the world. Its humbling.
- When I drive, I would much rather listen to talk than music. NPR, ESPN, comedy on XM, you name it. And if music must prevail, it shall be blues, hip hop, reggae, and gospel. In that order.
And the bonus: I started this post staring slack-jawed at the empty page. My very first thought: I’m pretty boring. What would anyone want to know?
Well, that’s done now. SO who will I tag?? Believe it or not, I don’t know that many people who blog. I guess I better work on my networking skills.
My lucky six:
Okay, for those of you tagged, here are the rules:
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post.
5. Let each person know they have been tagged.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
So what are six random things about you? Leave them in your comments. This should be fun!